CNC Miller Programmers/Setters/Operators
Date: 03 Aug 2021
The purpose of the role is to program, set and operate CNC Milling machines using Siemens 828D shopmill control, but experience in other controls will be considered and training will be provided.
- Support the department manager with the organisation, planning and production within the section, ensuring that the section works effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the section is clean and that all safety equipment is in place and working.
- Provide first line support to the section to troubleshoot and resolve problems with machines as they arise.
- Undertake regular planned maintenance such as cleaning and sharpening.
- Calibrate tools and equipment.
- Encourage a culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Train new employees on how to efficiently operate CNC machines and create programs.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualifications in general mechanical engineering or be qualified by experience (10 years+).
- Familiar and skilled with interpreting engineering drawings.
- Able to program 5-axis CNC machines.
- Experience of programming from drawings direct to machines in Siemens 810D.
- Experience of hyperMILL CAD CAM.
- Experience of Heidenhain an advantage.
- Able to undertake manual machining.
- Experience of producing small batch work.
- Good knowledge of general machining.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Able to work independently and closely follow instructions.
- Able to communicate in a technical and concise manner.
- Skilled at troubleshooting and resolving mechanical or logistical problems as they arise.
- Excellent engineering bench skills.
In return we offer competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays as standard plus bank holidays, generous pension and life insurance, and are committed to developing our employees within a culture of continuous improvement.
Regular overtime is also available, and there is the potential to move to early or late shift, for which a premium rate will be payable.